In order to assist Canadians living on low incomes obtain access to good quality, nutritious food, Food Banks Canada and other Food Banks across the country offer a number of resources that help people prepare healthy meals while working with a restricted budget.
- Nutrition and Your Family – Basic nutrition information to help you and your family eat healthy.
- Planning Healthy Family Meals – Meal planning and shopping tips to help you organize and prepare meals for your family on a tight budget.
- Doing More With Less – Ideas on how to eat well even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on food.
- Healthy Eating Recommendations – from Canada’s Food Guide
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Carrot Ginger Lentil Soup
- Creamy Carrot Soup
- Hearty Crock Pot Soup
- Pea Soup
- Red Lentil and Mushroom Soup
Vegetables and Side Dishes
- Chickpea and Carrot Salad
- Basic Chicken Curry
- Fish – Easy Cooking Directions
- Lunch Box Tuna Salad Wraps
- Meat Loaf
- Overnight Oats
- Red Lentil Dal
- Sweet Potato Omelette
Do you have a recipe you’d like to share with us? Email it to BoundaryFoodBankOffice@gmail.com and we’ll make sure it’s included.