To keep our clients and volunteers safe during the current pandemic, we are making changes to our hamper distribution.
- We will continue to provide food to existing and new clients every Tuesday, with a modified shopping model in place.
- The Food Bank facility is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized by a contract cleaner prior to the Tuesday opening.
- We will be limiting the number of clients allowed inside the Food Bank at any one time. Please take note of our new number system outside the door. Take a number and watch the screen for your turn. A greeter will meet you at the door to allow you access to the building. Please be aware that wait times may be longer than normal.
- All volunteers and clients must wear masks at all times, when inside the building.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations are in place at building entry points and work stations. All volunteers and clients must properly sanitize when entering the building.
- “Sneeze screens” and other physical-distancing barriers are in place. Please observe directional arrows and safe distancing requirements.
- We sanitize high traffic touch points such as carts and seating between clients.
- We anticipate greater demand for our services and may have to reduce quantity of food provided.
- We ask that all Clients and Volunteers who are sick or have been in contact with someone with the virus … please DO NOT come to the Food Bank. Contact us at 250-442-2800 if you are sick and in need of food and we will make arrangements to have it delivered to you.
We will continue to monitor the ever changing circumstances and make adjustments to our procedures to keep everyone as safe as possible.